Are you looking for a way to manage Department Administrators in CoursEval? This article will show you the steps to add and remove Department Administrators so your list can remain accurate over time.
1. Setting up the Faculty Record
- Set Up Menu - Core Data - Faculty/Staff.
- Review the list to see who has the role of Department Administrator assigned by filtering on the role at the top of the screen.
- If the name needed is not on the list, go to the person’s faculty record and check the 'Department Administrator' box.
- Click 'Save'.
Note - This step can be automatically done by adding a ‘Y’ in the Department Administrator column in the Faculty Import.
2. Setting up the Department
Once the faculty member has the Department Administrator role activated, they can be added to the appropriate department(s) that they supervise.
- To view the list of departments and the chairs assigned that are currently in the system, go to the Set Up Menu - Hierarchy - Departments.
- Click on the department row that the faculty member should have administrator access to.
- Click the + next to change selections.
- Check the name/s of the department chair/admin who needs access to the department.
- Each department has four roles that a chair can be assigned to:
- Course Department Administrator - Select administrators who should have access to survey results for all Courses belonging to this Department. They can see all course and faculty results for courses belonging to their department.
- Faculty Department Administrator - Select administrators who should have access to survey results for all Faculty belonging to this Department. They can see faculty results for faculty belonging to their department no matter what department the course belongs to.
- Manage Department Questions - Select administrators who should have access to manage and select questions for all Courses in this Department.
- Select Department Questions - Select administrators who should have access to select questions for all Courses in this Department.
Note – Department chairs can be assigned to one or more departments and department chairs can be assigned to one or more roles within a department.
Here is an example of how a department is set up:
- Click ‘Save’
- Repeat these steps for each department and chair pairing that needs to be set up.