- Add student role if missing
The primary role is set to Dual if faculty found in student import.
- If the tolerance threshold for the number of faculty in a student import is exceeded then all faculty records found in the student import will error out with an error the “Too many faculty were found in the student file”. The threshold percent is calculated based on # of faculty found over total records.
- If the tolerance is not exceeded, a warning is issued that faculty is converting to dual.
- New programs will be added only if the Create any non-existent Programs checkbox is checked.
- If the school is setup as lock-step, Student/course enrollment is refreshed (in full) after every student import.
- There is an import setting for the minimum Graduation year. If the grad year that is supplied is less than this year the import will ignore the grad year and issue a warning if not lock-step and error if it is lock-step.
- If the grad year is more than the number of years in the program (i.e. a 4 year program but the grad year is 5 years in the future) the import will ignore the grad year and issue a warning if not lock-step and error if it is lock-step.
- If the grad year is invalid (i.e. not a numeric) the import will ignore the grad year and issue a warning if not lock-step and error if it is lock-step.
- Cohort year is set from the graduation year and the looked up program and will show up in the import log as an update when the grad year OR program changes.
- If no graduation year is supplied, the default of current year plus # of years in program (or 4 if program years are <=0) is applied. This is for NEW records only. This default will not apply to updates.
- If no graduation year is supplied, and the student record exists, neither the graduation year nor the academic year is updated. The default will not overwrite existing data and also will NOT be filled in if the existing value is blank.
- If the school is setup as lock-step, the graduation year is a required field.
- Be careful! The current graduation year for the database may not be setup correctly. If the graduation year is outdated first year students (and maybe others) will error out or issue warnings.
Rules for Student Imports Print
Modified on: Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 4:13 PM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.