- A new user experience
- Responsive Design
- ADA compliant
- Multiple pages: A new page is rendered each time the focus changes from the course to an assessed individual
- Enhanced focus styling highlights the course or assessed individual name to frame the section for the survey taker
- Enhanced sorting for multiple question categories and multiple assessees. All questions for a single assessee show up on one page.
- Automatic response saving on each page (Save Progress button is no longer required after each category on long surveys)
- Accessible error handling for required questions
- Final page enables submit or finish later
- Finish Later shows up at the bottom of every page
- The button to navigate to the prior page has been moved to the top
- Questions focusing on courses show the CoursEval course icon at the top
- Questions focusing on people show either the photo or a generic profile icon
- When selecting whom to evaluate and none of the individuals have pictures in CoursEval, the generic profile icons are removed from the pick-list to shorten the list.
- If your surveys are configured with more 30 individuals to select in a single category the Administration will be auto-set to use traditional CoursEval surveys.
- NOTE: Going forward it will be the Manager's responsibility to preview the survey first to ensure it is working as expected and to disable responsive surveys if necessary. The new methodology requires creation of every survey when launching a responsive survey. In some cases this number went as high as 1000 individuals and the survey took too long to render.
- If a survey contains a category without the option to select whom to evaluate, followed by a category where the participant selects whom to evaluate, and the last instructor in the first category is also the first instructor in the next category the questions were being bundled together via our new feature to group categories by focus. This has been fixed so that the selection category questions are not displayed until after selection.
- If the eTalus service detects a data synchronization issue between the new survey taking experience and CoursEval an email is generated and sent to support.
- Display Options
- Single page survey (bypass the new, multi-page, experience)
- Revert to traditional surveys – If you have complex HTML (e.g. Rubrics) your surveys will render as expected with traditional CoursEval surveys. You may find that custom HTML does not render as you expect with the new responsive surveys. Any HTML can be modified to fit well in the new experience! Contact support for help.
- The images below highlight the removed or changed Display Options once your site is configured to use the new surveys.
Responsive Surveys - Highlights! Print
Modified on: Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 2:40 PM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.