The Faculty/Staff option is used by the CoursEval Manager to manually create a faculty, administrator, or staff records, to look up faculty information, or to send individuals their log in information. This record allows the faculty/staff member to be associated with departments, programs, roles, and courses. The faculty/staff record also allows the CoursEval Manager to create access to the faculty results level of CoursEval. The screen lists all of the faculty in the system, by department and role. The list is controlled by the drop-down menus at the top of the list page.
- Each faculty / staff member entered is given his/her own user name and password. Faculty members ONLY have access to the surveys for the courses to which they are assigned – they will not have access to any other faculty member's survey or survey results. This assignment is controlled by the CoursEval Manager on a survey by survey basis.
- The Program information and Department Information MUST be entered before adding faculty.
- Imported faculty will automatically be assigned the roles of Participating Faculty and Responsible Faculty.
- Faculty/staff should only be entered once in the system.
- Faculty/staff user names must be unique.
- All manually entered faculty/staff members will be assigned a ten digit random password by CoursEval.
- Select 'Add New' from the list screen.
- Enter the faculty member's name.
- Enter a User Name. This is the user name that the faculty member will use to log into the faculty level of CoursEval.
NOTE: Each person in the CoursEval database MUST have a unique user name.
- Enter an ID number. ID Numbers can be the Institution ID number or any other identifier. This field can be any alpha/numeric combination.
- Enter the faculty member's e-mail address. This is a REQUIRED field, as CoursEval uses this field to send e-mails to faculty members.
- Select the main Program with which this person is involved. The drop-down menu lists all of the programs that are associated with the school or Institution. This step attaches a faculty member to a specific program.
- Select the main Department or home Department with which this person is involved. The drop-down menu lists all the departments that a faculty member could be associated with within the program. To associate a faculty member with a specific department, select that department from the drop-down menu.
- To include a photo of a faculty member, insert the file location of the photograph in the "URL to Picture" field. Enter the URL to the faculty member's picture. To find the file on the server click the browse button and select the correct file. Click 'Add' or 'Save' to update the record.
- Enter any demographic data.
- Select the person's Primary Role from the drop-down menu. The Primary Role determines the kinds of roles, selected in the next step that the CoursEval Manager can assign to a person. If the Primary role is set to 'Student or Faculty' this person will appear in both the Student and Faculty lists.
- Select the Roles from the list that the faculty will have in the system.
- Each faculty member must have at least one roll selected or the manage faculty icon will not bring up the faculty member in the faculty list for selection on a course.
- Faculty/Department Administrators that are imported with a “Y” flag, will automatically be checked on as department administrators in the Department Menu.
- Check User's Current Status. Checking this box verifies that the person is currently an Active faculty member or staff member.
- Active Status – The faculty/staff member is 'turned on," active, and is available to be used. The status can be changed (turned off) at any time by the CoursEval Manager.
- Inactive Status – The faculty/staff member is 'turned off,' deactivated, and is not available to be used. The status can be changed (turned on) at any time by the CoursEval Manager.
- Check Survey Site Access to allow access to survey results. Although access privileges are also determined by the user's role in courses and departments, this box must be checked for this person to be able to log into the CoursEval Survey Results module.
- Check Local Authentication to override the authentication for this user. This allows the user to be authenticated internally rather than from an external source.
- Check E-mail Survey Site Access Information to send Survey Site access information to the user. If this box is marked, click 'Save' and the User Name, Password, and Survey Link will be e-mailed to the user.
- Click 'Add.'
NOTE: To edit an option, click on the name, make the changes and click 'Save.'
IMPORTANT NOTE: NEVER delete faculty that have data! Deleting will cause the survey reporting data to become disconnected and make the data useless. If a faculty member leaves the school or program, just deactivate the faculty record